Taking Quality Muscle Fuel Images
When acquiring images the user is attempting to be consistent in
- Angle / Tilt
If these are consistent, the MuscleSound system will be accurate in tracking fuel
Step by Step
- Determine location of muscle to scan (measure, landmarks, etc)
- Apply gel to the probe or directly on muscle.
- Ensure there is sufficient amount of gel, insufficient gel results in loss of signal and darker images
- Swirl the gel on the skin to remove black streaks.
- Locate the muscle on the UltraSound screen.
- Tilt the probe lengthwise so that the fascia on the top of the muscle is straight horizontally, and continuous.
- Tilt the probe widthwise so that the fascia on the bottom of the muscle is in focus and continuous.
- Hold probe with thumb and two or three fingers
- Rest heel of hand on muscle
- Apply only a resting amount of pressure to muscle
- Too little pressure, the top fascia will not be horizontal (happy face shape).
- Too much pressure, the bottom fascia flattens out.
- Place cord from probe over your shoulder so it doesn't pull on the probe
- Setup the UltraSound machine in front of user taking the scans, so you don't move probe when storing images
- Start with probe perpendicular to muscle
- Eliminate black streaks in image by applying more gel and/or swirling probe over muscle
Examples of Bad Images